Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

RRJ # 2

Reference: 
Reid, M. (2011). ‘Real world’ math thinking earns students serious money. The Ridgefield Press.com. Retrieved May 14, 2011, from http://www.acorn-online.com/joomla15/theridgefieldpress/news/localnews/93874-real-world-math-thinking-earns-students-serious-money.html


Summary:
The student from Ridgefield High School try to use there won mathematical model in the ‘real world’. They can get a lot of scholarship from the math challenge to pay for the college. Educator think it is a really good idea and the students also enjoy in this. The student think from separate way, so their solutions are very different from each other. The winners of this challenge are going to their university and continuous work on the science base in mathematics.

Reaction:

I think throes students are very luck, they should cherish this kind of chance in their life. When I was in high school, every one agree my mathematics skill was admirably, but I don’t have that kind of chance to proved myself. We do have a huge system to text people’s math skill, but most part of the system is test your taking examinations ability. Unfortunately, I am not really good at taking test. I believe this math challenge is a good example that worth promoting. Students who work hard and talented can get reward, so they can fell proud and much more interested in the study. And this kind of challenge is more fouce on solve real world issues. These children will become helpful for the whole community, and this is the power of applied mathematics. What I am doing is pretty much same as what they are doing. Use my skill in the ‘real world’ to help people’s daily life. 





Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment